Saturday, November 3, 2007

Guitar Heroes

In all of my years of playing I've studied the works of many of my guitar heroes, like ACE FREHLEY of KISS, DAVE MUSTAIN of MEGADEATH, JAMES HETTFIELD of METALICA, RANDY RHODES from OZZY OSBOURNE.
ACE FREHLEY taught me how to write and play lead guitar, he used primarily pentatonic scales in his lead guitar writing, with alot of tremolo picking and alot of crazy note bending.
DAVE MUSTAIN taught me to play my rhythms titer, as well as he taught me the importance of using my pick hand correctly.
JAMES HETTFIELD taught me to play titer and fast as well as how to get the best sound out of my amp.
RANDY RHODES taught me to play modes, which help to create a fuller sound when you are playing by yourself, and he help me develop my ballad writing abilities.
I have studied many more guitarist but the point I am wanting to make today is that you should study your guitar heroes, they have succeded at their craft and their music can help you learn, improve your skills and creativity, while all at the same time keeping you excited, focused and challenged. WHO ARE YOUR GUITAR HEROES?
UNTIL NEXT TIME KEEP ROCKIN AND LEARNING, PRACTICE!!!!!!

No comments: